Program Coordinator (HESA Program)
About Equal Ed:
Equal Ed is a social enterprise that provides a variety of services to schools, non-profits and local government. Equal Ed aims to:
1. Empower individuals through increasing access to learning and development opportunities, and
2. Strengthen communities through delivering innovative and people-centred services and solutions
Our work is currently split into 3 main divisions:
Strategy & Consulting
This role is a core function within our Programs Division.
The HESA Program
Starting in 2018, the HESA Program has worked with over 1,000 students over the last 4 years. HESA stands for Higher Education and Student Advancement Program and was initially developed to support high school students with identifying and accessing opportunities for meaningful education and employment.
In 2022, the HESA program will be working with VicHealth through a substantial partnership grant and will aim to achieve the following objectives in 2022 and beyond:
1. Create more robust program content through collaborative design with community and clinical mental health practitioners, school staff and students
2. Create more robust training and development pathways for lived-experience facilitators delivering our content
3. Expand our programming and increase our reach to 10+ schools
4. Design and trial a “Bridging Program” that supports students as they transition from High School to Tertiary Education
5. Set a clear direction for the HESA program’s growth and development and create sustainable revenue streams from full fee-paying schools to continue our subsidisation model for low-SES schools
Work with the Managing Director to set clear goals and trajectory for the HESA Program
Facilitate team discussions to generate ideas on design and implementation of the HESA Program
Support and drive the HESA team in achieving the goals and objectives set for the HESA program
o The program co-ordinator will also be given the opportunity to set goals and objectives for the HESA program as it develops
Liaise with partners, clients and stakeholders to ensure the effective delivery of programs
Work with staff and volunteers from other projects and teams where needed to ensure effective operations and delivery of the HESA program
Support senior leadership in the recruitment of team members to ensure the HESA program is sufficiently staffed
Support team members in measuring and reporting on the efficacy of the HESA program
Who you'll work with:
Junior projects team members and/or young people with lived-experience
Directly report to Managing Director
Who We're Looking For:
Equal Ed may look upon these skills and experiences favourably. However, we understand that individuals who may not have some or any of these experiences can still excel at Equal Ed. We encourage potential applicants to use this section as a guide to determine role suitability, rather than a checklist for minimum criteria, and encourage all interested individuals to apply.
Experience working in a team environment
Experience working with multiple stakeholders
Project management/program development experience
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
A good understanding of the youth mental health sector through lived-experience, work, volunteering or studies
Minimum 5 years' experience in the community impact space preferred.
1. Submit an online application (15-20mins process, no cover letter required).
2. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in an online interview/selection process
3. Successful applicants will be notified of their outcome by end of September 2022
Remuneration & Time Commitment:
$85,000-$90,000 (pro rata) + 10.5% Superannuation
0.7 - 1.0 FTE
10 month contracted term with potential to change to permanent full-time
Applications are now closed.